Re: Random thoughts...

>2) Regarding the discussion of PT's equipment changes - what set up did
everyone
>like best?  I know there is a lot of sentiment towards his SG playing;
>personally, I think his Les Paul power chord sound of '73-mid '79 suited his
>playing style best (the SG sound is too trebly for the power chord, IMHO).
>Just wondering what others thought...

Mason:

I would vote for the LEEDS sound...never again did Townshend sound as full
and powerful as he does there. On QUAD and the live stuff I have from there
and beyond shows a definite decline in the role of the electric guitar in
The Who's music.

 Cheers                  ML

NP: Babylon Zoo, "Caffeine"