Re: Pete playing Strats

On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, Michael D. Mullins wrote:

>    Ah, I do seem to recall reading somewhere that Pete liked Strats because
> they were durable; when he did break them, they were easier to piece back
> together than Ricks.  My poor, battered Squire Strat is testament to this
> durability....

I thought that was why he switched to the Tele for a while... it doesn't
get ANY simpler & durable than a Telecaster, (except for the Esquire).  I
seem to recall pictures of Pete with jewellers glasses on, repairing a
sunburst Tele with a rosewood Strat neck, (the guitar had a Strat neck, he
wasn't repairing it with a Strat neck) and it must have been '67 or after,
because it had one of those big CBS headstocks on it.

NP:  Pinball.mid (now I know why the MIDI & elevator music threads came
up at the same time!)

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend