Re: %Join Together% - Roger

>From: Bogie3200@aol.com
>Date: Sun, 24 Sep 1995 11:45:06 -0400
>Subject: Re:  %Join Together% & Magic Bus
>
>A few days ago, Gary Sumpter made a comment about Roger frequently getting
>hammered in the press.  Gary, could you explain this perception of yours?  I
>can't say that I've seen Roger being subjected to much criticism (at least no
>more so than Pete or the band as a whole).  What do the rest of you think?

I've seen Roger criticized in the press on a number of different fronts,
inclding his solo material (which, by and large, I happen to enjoy
immensely) and his recent "nostalgia" tour (again, I enjoyed this a lot).

RD's always been my favourite member of the band.  IMHO, he's the greatest
rock vocalist there ever was (and still is).  He gets accused of not having
much range, and technically that might be true.  But just listen to "Imagine
a Man" from WBN back to back with "The Real Me" from Quad and you'll see a
fantastic display of the extremes of passion.

Come to think of it, maybe that's what's so appealing about The Who:
they've always been so passionate about their music.  Just a thought (and
it's probably biased), but The 'Oo might be one of a small handful of bands
that has the ability to actually change its listeners' lives:  just look at
the people here who've come forward to say "Quad saved my life".  I know I,
for one, certainly identified with the band - when I was 16 and 17, their
music was nothing short of inspirational.

%I pick up phones and hear my history.
 I dream of all the calls I miss.%

Is it in my Head