Convention / IOW video

Svante's comments on the convention were right - the daytime session was
rather lacking although Deja Who who quite good, especially on the
note-for-note version of My Generation a la Live At Leeds.

Daltrey & Entwistle & Co were on top form, while Simon Townshend now
uncannily shares Pete's looks, voice, guitar style and mannerisms. Also
very weird to see middle brother Paul at the bar and down the front of the
gig as he looks even more like Pete than Pete does these days.

The 40-minute Quadrophenia extract was superbly arranged and performed, and
the rest was all excellent, kicking off with You Better You Bet, Another
Tricky Day . . . someone please post the full set list, thanks! Great
acoustic Naked Eye too, maybe the Who Unplugged next? Incidentally, Zak
Starkey fitted in perfectly, better than both Kenney J and Simon P in fact.

Nice to meet a few other listers there, sorry I couldn't make the dinner
but thanks for the invite. Glad you all enjoyed yoursselves and well done
to Matt Kent & Co for getting it all together.

Re the IOW CD: Jon Astley is working on the tapes now, which may or may not
make Castle's Nov 13th release date. The video is now going through Warner
Vison and won't be out till early 96.

Cheers, David