Re: Pete's Banjo?

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------
>I've read that Pete played the banjo when he was very young, and am curious
>if he played it himself on SqB, or if someone sat in. Realizing that the
>banjo will probably never have the class of a well-played guitar, does anyone
>know what kind of banjo he played (tenor, plectrum, 5-string)?

I will dispute this. I can only assume you have never seen Bela Fleck,
for instance. who can play the banjo with all the class you would ever
want.

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
Paid for by the Tirebiter for Political Solutions
Committee, Sector R

hey, kevin,
        I must agree:  that bela-fleck, along with the flecktones, has
put out some excellent quality stuff.... certainly made me look at the
banjo in a new light!

        gary

"...porgie...."
"...heavy on the 40-wt, mom..."

        from the "further adventures of Firesign Theatre"