Moon Weakens?

WF writes:
> >I agree to some extent, but this album was really where we saw Moon begin to
> weaken...

Wow, what a concept.  Just because Moon's drums weren't standing out, this
is a sign of weakness?  Oh, but I must disagree.  Although Pete Townshend
wrote most of the songs, the Who was still a BAND.  If a song called for
subdued drums, I think Moon was profesional enough to realize this, and play
accordingly.  Moon was more than just the guy who played "sloppy drums", he
had the ability to transcend his idiom, and play drums in a variety of contexts.

> I think I need to remind everyone that not all the material Pete has written
> was really suitable for Keith as a drummer. It's hard to imagine Keith
> "weakening" for "Who By Numbers", then going on tour shortly after and
> playing some of the BEST drums he ever played. Read John Entwislte's comments
> in the August "Record Collector".

that abubbica guy: Steve Rosenstein
abubbica@intersteve.com
maud@intersteve.com