Re: Who's Better, Who's Best

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------
Okay, I will jump in here and make a comment about Quad vs. By Numbers, et
al.  Everything The Who ever recorded is relevant. I am always hard pressed
to "pick a favorite" but I always come back to Quad, that album saved my life
when I was 15 (literally) so that cemented my relationship with The Who. By
Numbers is the most highly underrated album of all time ---- I agree with the
guy who said the lyrics become more meaningful as you get older, I am 35 now
and dreaming from the waist more than ever....... And contrary to an earlier
posting, "Success Story" is as strong as anything else on the album. The Who
-- love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!!!!

I wish I could go to the Fest in London --  for those of you going, tell the
lads hello from me!

How many friends have I really got/that love me/that want me/ that'll take me
as I am?

Pamela

------------------------  End Original Message  -----------------------
pamela,
        I *HAVE* to agree with you -- "Success Story" is an excellent tune;
very powerful drumming by Moon, but a powerful song on its own merits.
Actually, this brings up Enwhistle's solo material, which I would LOVE
to see released on CD.  I do NOT believe a 1-cd compilation is enough.
"Smash Your Head Against the Wall"  is great, with an intense version of
"Heaven and Hell".  "Whistle Rhymes" (sic) is just amazing.... every song
on that record is "eff-ing" great!  (Especially "Nightmare";  that is what
I call the sickest masterpiece I have ever heard).   "Made in Japan" and
"My Wife" off of "Rigor Mortis Sets In" are, for me, the highlights of
that album, but the whole damn thing is great.  "Mad Dog" is the one lp
I haven't really chked out that much, but if I saw it on cd, I would scoop
it right up.  And "Too Late the Hero" is pretty good, too  (although if I
could choose only one, it would have to be "Whistle Rhymes".

        Anyway, I've done enough ranting about this, but how about
anyone else?  (Inquiring minds want to know.....)

        I Wonder .....
        gary.