Re: Quad/WBN

I agree that as I get older (I'm 32) WBN becomes more and more relevant. It
was really the first Who LP that tried to face up to adulthood. This LP
reminds me so much of Springsteen's Tunnel of Love LP in its search for
answers, its honesty, and its openness.
There's a sense of "owning up" to past failures and trying to move on into
uncharted territory . With the Who this meant defining what The Who (really
Pete) should become.  For Springsteen it meant taking on the risk of marriage
and moving on with another band.

(Also, the Who's playing as a whole really clicked on this LP.  I don't think
Daltrey's sounded better or Entwistle's played better bass).

Mike

"I'm dreaming of the day I can control myself"