Re: TKAA speed differences/Rock and Roll Circus

In article <1995Aug27.173817.4073@cg57.esnet.com>,
    Amy.West@esbbs.esnet.com (Amy West)  writes:
> Also, is Rock and Roll Circus ever going to be released?
> It would be great to have to whole thing.  But that shrunken
> down screen is hard to take.  That may be one reason why
> Quick One was cut short.  It gets annoying after a while.
> Is all of R-N-R Circus like that?  Or did they use different
> formats for the different bands?

Well, the RNR Circus was recorded on film for TV -- hence the 1:1
aspect ratio, rather than the larger, "landscape" ratio used for film.
The footage was then shrunk to fit into a 35mm frame for the
theatrical release of TKAA.  However, when the film was put out on
video, they didn't take the original video footage; instead they
shrunk down the theatrical release directly.  Unfortunately this means
that the footage for AQO is shrunk twice for the video release, when
it doesn't need to be shrunk at all.  I suspect that the full video
release of the Circus will be full-frame and will look much better.
Also, they did multiple takes of AQO for the Circus, so we might get a
different version.  The 30 Yrs. video has a different version than
TKAA as I recall.  The audio for the different versions has popped up
on various boots.

						-- Rich
--
http://www.xmission.com/~legalize	Legalize Adulthood in Utah!