Re[3]: Who's Next Masters Missing

Ian sez:
>So, let's take a poll here "dudes".  Because it's WBN where this
>diehard sees the band at it's true peak.  A very deceiving album

>I still can't see how Quad to WBN is such a "rapid" downfall.  The gap is
>certainly much greater with WBN and Who Are You, though even that
>album still shows timeless qualities (well Sister Disco gives the
>era away).

I'll modify my position slightly by saying that I feel WBN isn't so much a
decline as a separate "thread."  On Quad, PT was writing on the individual
in relation to those around him, while WBN was the individual in relation
to himself.  Musically, the two are diametrically opposed, though
magnificent in their own presentation.

All in all, these two albums are my two favorite studio albums, but Leeds
still takes first prize.

OK,
KLW