Re[2]: Who's Next Masters Missing

> >Issue No. 4:  Regarding Quadrophenia, I'd like some input here, folks, but
> >I found people who weren't into the Who at all, probably had no other albums,
> >who are audiophiles and music fans of some consequence, who thing Quadrophenia
> >is the BEST ROCK ALBUM OF ALL TIME!  Of course, I can see why.  To me it was
> >the ultimate evolution of a great band, who went rapidly downhill afterwards,
> >(that comment always gets tons o'diehards frisky, but take a poll, dudes!) >but
> as I have said a billion times, what they did at this point and prior >makes
> them the timeless great band they were..... OK enough of me on the little
> >wooden box....
> >

> >Jeff
> >

> What about The Who By Numbers?  This may not have been as popular an album,
> but IMHO it is their crowning achievement.  Pete's songwritting is
> introspective and mature, Roger's singing is phenominal, and the band play
> extreamly well.  "...take two-hundred-and-seventy-six, you know it used to
> be fun"

So, let's take a poll here "dudes".  Because it's WBN where this
diehard sees the band at it's true peak.  A very deceiving album
since it's so simple in sound compared to the production of Quad.
Nonetheless, the songwriting it excellent with good performances.
Anyone with any appreciation of music in general (doesn't have to be
rock) can understand how well the Who in WBN used a variety of instruments
without having to have it in your face.  I. E.  it's done with taste.
Maturity I guess can be an improvment to some while a dirty word to
others.

I still can't see how Quad to WBN is such a "rapid" downfall.  The gap is
certainly much greater with WBN and Who Are You, though even that
album still shows timeless qualities (well Sister Disco gives the
era away).