"Pure Rock Theatre"

The new "live" one is out... and... it's called "Pure Rock Theatre" (so much
for "Decca Acetates" '68/'69!) Anyway, the cover is very pretty and here's
what's inside:

Heaven & Hell
Can't Explain
Fortune Teller
Tattoo
Young Man Blues
Subsitute
Happy Jack
I'm A Boy
A Quick One
Overture
It's A Boy
1921
Amazing Journey/Sparks/Underture (bad edit here)
Tommy's Holiday Camp
We're Not Going To Take It
See Me, Feel Me
Summertime Blues
Shakin' All Over
My Generation

>From what I listened to, the quality varies. The "Tommy" material, encore and
tracks 1-5 all seem to be from the same show, which hasn't been pressed on CD
todate. However, Subsitute, Happy Jack & I'm A Boy were "lifted" from Leeds,
but may perhaps be from a slightly different mix. A Quick One While He's Away
has the longest Pete intro to the song I ever heard, but the quality waffles.
Most of the quality on this is comparible to "Shakin' All Over", but how or
why they picked the tracks, Who knows...

The label is "Hiwatt" from the same people who brought us the last BBC
"goody"...

WF <~