Re: Who's Next Masters Missing

In regards to The Who By Numbers, I think it's  the band's most
underappreciated album. Daltrey's tough interpretation of Townshend's lyrics
made this more than just a Townshend "solo LP". Lyrics such as: "Like a woman
in childbirth grown ugly in a flash/I've seen magic and pain, now I'm
recycling trash" OR "Imagine events that occur everyday/like a shooting, a
raping, or a simple act of deceit" are among the best Pete has ever written.
 Like much of Who Are You, this LP was a personal work but it worked well as
a Who LP. I always wished that Pete had recorded Empty Glass (plus Dance it
Away) as a Who LP because I think it would have been a classic like Who By
Numbers. Pete definitely used his second team of songs for Face Dances (and
It's Hard, for that matter).