Re: RnR HOF 500 songs that shaped rock

At 0:20 9/7/95, Jason Cliff wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Sep 1995, Alan McKendree wrote:
>
>> At 10:49 9/5/95, Marc V Conte wrote:
>> >Go to the MIrror Boy is a way of including all of Tommy.
>>
>> I think this is a surprisingly well-thought-out choice.  I think this song
>> is the climax of the work
>
>Hey whoa back!  You're talking about how the song is a great
>representation of Tommy, not what a great influenece it has on other
>artists and it's musical significance.

Well, you're right.  All through this thread I've been thinking about the
influence that the proposed songs had on "shaping rock" vs. the artistic
merit of the song, its place in the album or the artist's work, etc.  It
really does depend on the selection criteria you're using.  I'd probably
pick PWizard from Tommy, on second thought, for "shaping rock" merit.  But
I also think I'd select WGFA over BO'Riley.

Alan