Re: Re[2]: The Who Sell out - Complete

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------
James:
I'm quite real, my friend, and using softer language than you. As for what I
do for a living, I'm a writer who also manages a large retail store. I'm
putting together a used CD store at the moment.
In other words, I'm a responsible person. I am neither deluded nor
rationalizing. In fact, I have researched drugs and their effects...have
you? I think not, as you obviously are speaking with other people's words.
One of the things you're missing is that I don't go to work loaded...and for
8 months of the year I have to work 7 days a week. That's responsible use.
That's knowing the pitfalls and avoiding them. Anything can hurt you if you
misuse it...even water.
And, for the record, the vast majority of people who use drugs regularly are
not low-life, out of work parasites. They are the people all around you who
do them and you don't know. I see that you would like to think that the
drugs will drag you down, but the facts are otherwise...like guns, drugs are
only dangerous when misused.
Not all drugs, of course, but need we get that deep into it?
I assume that you class Pot as a narcotic. That's wrong, of course...in
fact, it's a lot less harmful to the body than alcohol (the number 2 killer
in America). Do you drink? I'd be interested to know.
Or are you one of those self righteous people who are "drug free?" If so, I
can only say that your pride will be your undoing.
Well, I would say that you should spend a wee part of your time finding out
about what you're talking about before you flame someone for an honest (and
experienced) opinion. And be big enough not to contribute to the misplaced
hatred for the very lifestyle that brought you the music that you care
enough about to post notes for.
And, Mark D...you can be proud, but don't blame the drugs, for they didn't
jump into your system...they are hardly "demons."
                Cheers                ML

------------------------  End Original Message  -----------------------
I must say that ML hits the nail on the head on this one.... it is simply
a matter of taking responsibility for your own actions.... to mark d, I am
sorry you had a negative experience (probably a mild way of putting it,
from your post) with "drugs", but I am glad for you that you have found
your way out of your "bad trip", and you should be proud of that.  But
ML's point is that there are many people who are casual drug users, and
handle the use of those drugs in a "responsible" manner.  Yes, pot may be
illegal....alcohol was once illegal, too..... Let's face it:  "laws" --
the ones on the books -- are man-made..... we all must live with them (if
we cannot change them), but the most important "laws" are the ones we make
for ourselves .... ya know, treat those around you as you would like to be
treated ..... respect other people's differences, backgrounds, etc ....
and ultimately, we must KNOW that we as individuals are responsible for
our own actions.......

        well, enough of that, anyway!

        (ps:  I AM ALSO A GILMOUR FAN, TOO!!)

        gary m.
        (...give me ... give me....give me good water!)