Re: Re[2]: White City

Kevin, re:

>You mean the album version of this song <"hiding Out"> isn't enough to get
you up and moving...? :)

Nah, I never cared too much for the album version, but the single version
(released in Germany, Spain and France--go figure that one) I like a LOT.
And... the sound quality is much better!

>True, but I feel that almost all of PT's solo efforts have the tendency
towards tinny (his hearing may be worse than anyone knows!).  Chinese Eyes
may be the exception.

Actually, Pete likes to use too much "compression". None was used on "Rough
Mix" and that's one of the reasons it sounds so good. "Empty Glass" was never
done to my satisfaction on CD. Hopefully the new "remix" will be an
improvement or as good as the vinyl version. I agree, "Chinese Eyes" has good
sound, but I think "White City" suffers more from the newness of the CD
format than anything else. I don't think the engineers knew exactly what they
were mastering for: CD? Vinyl? What??? None of the formats of that album
sound all that great. "Iron Man", again is too compressed and
"Psychoderelict" suffers more from the drumming than the compression... Now
both "Scoops" on the other hand...

WF <~