Re: Pure Rock Theatre info request

>The Leeds Acetates tape that has been floating around doesn't include any
>songs from Tommy and mostly copies Live at Leeds in content except that it
>includes 2, 3, or 4 versions of some songs taken from different shows.  These
>are the tapes that PT claims he burned in a bonfire because he didn't want to
>go through them all.  The Rock Theatre tracks could come from this batch as
>well, only these songs in particular were not included on that tape.  The
>tape has the same type of editing techniques as the CD with songs cutting in
>and out suddenly leaving very few complete songs.  If these are the same
>tapes used on the CD, than that would explain why there are so many songs
>missing from the Tommy set.
>
>Doug

I noticed on my Who is Tommy? 2cd bootleg which says that one cd is Leeds,
but they are definetly from other sources around the time of Leeds as well
as the Leeds show. I noticed many edits in the cd.

The other show also has a few edits....it's Live At The Convention Center,
Dallas, TX June 19th, 1970 but this cd has a large amount of Tommy on
it....about 18 songs worth.

I forgot which cd it is on of the 2 but there is one point where Pete says
into the tape recorder "Hear that tape recorder...I'm Brilliant." right
after the song cuts off. So these were obviously his own tapes he was
making at the time. They may have been cut up by him...but who knows if
some of these scraps from the tapes that he sliced up were found before the
others were burned. I mean they had something like 80 tapes or so.

JEFF