Re: Various interesting facts #2

>2.  Speaking of covers, according to Barnes (p. 125), at the Knebworth
>Festival after Keith Moon's death Todd Rundgren joined The Tubes on stage to
perform "Baba O'Riley" and "The Kids Are Alright."

Actually, the Tubes used to do what was called "The Who Medly".  The only
time I was lucky enough to see it was sometime in 1979.  What I remember
about it was they played Baba O'Riley and The Kids Are Alright
SIMULTANEOUSLY.

As I recall, they would really perform TKAA, but near the end of the song,
half the band would sing "The Kids Are Alright" and then the other half would
belt in "They're All Wasted!" I became a Tubes fan after hearing them perform
that.  There may have been other songs as part of the medley, but I'm much
better at details such as who's drinking what beer...

And Speaking of Rundgren, everyone knows that his first band Nazz did a song
called "Open My Eyes" (10/68) in which the first 12 or so notes are sampled
from "I Can't Explain".