Re[2]: PT release dates and other shit

Jeff writes:
>4:  People mentioned that the Who scrounged, if you will, for equipment even
>as late as '68.. How bad was their financial state?  I presume by Tommy
>things
>mellowed out/blossomed financially for them... Of course I heard the rumors
>about
 >Entwistle/Jones running out of dough in the late 80s, necessitating a tour...
>Comments on both periods?

I understood that the band was in serious financial straits in the '68 era.  And
that the huge success of Tommy was what allowed them to even continue...

OK,
KLW

PS: nice to see that we're all getting along nicely in the sandbox again and
talking about things that really matter!

PS2:  I finally stuck a crowbar in my wallet and got the 30 yrs box set.  I'm
still digesting the music, but I did want to report that the "face" button that
I mentioned I have is none other than the yellow PT backstage pass button
displayed in the book.  I am understandably peeing on myself with joy...