Re: TheWho in context

At 09:32 18/10/95 -0500, Jose Ortiz wrote:

>>Who (65-67): Head	7	Heart	5	Hips	8
>>Who (68-70): Head	10	Heart	4	Hips	10
>
>If we consider 'joy brought by music' in the Heart category, I'd
>give it (no exaggerations) a 10.

Sure, so would I. I was just (mis-)using 'heart' in this context to mean
sentimentality, good looks, hummability, mass-appeal...you know the sort of
thing.

As a postscript to my original laboured post, I would just add that one's
personal preferences for each of the three 'elements' will affect one's
relative liking for each of the three quoted bands - the pure pop fans will
probably like the Beatles and The Who ahead of the Stones, the rockers will
prefer the Stones and The Who to the Beatles, and the intellectuals will
probably go for The Who ahead of the Beatles and Stones. Being an all-round
renaissance-man type of guy, I like the lot! :~)

English Mike