Re: Face Dances/It's Hard

and  James Jackson wrote:

>Also, it seems that Mike has made it pretty clear what he
>thinks about the post-Moon Who.  Mike, did you skip FD and
>IH because of Jones, or for some other reason?

Funnily enough I was quite into Kenney Jones, mainly because I was a huge
fan of the Faces (can I mention that on the Who list?). Nonetheless, I felt
that when Keith died The Who died with him. I listened to those two albums
and was impressed that they had tried to change their style, but I just
didn't *enjoy* them. Of course I went through the old
'I've-got-all-the-others-so-I've-got-to-have-these' routine, but decided
that was bullshit. To be honest I'd begun to have my doubts with 'Who Are
You', but those last two albums - and the superiority of Pete solo on 'Empty
Glass' and (especially) 'Chinese Eyes' - sealed it for me.

Mike