Re: YOUNG MAN'S BLUES

You wrote:

>hey bruce- thanks, but...
>
>the booklet w/ my original LAL cd (5 trax) says:
>
>"Recorded February 14, 1970, except for 'Young Man Blues,' recorded
December 26,
>1968.
>
>also, on my FLTL, it's a studio version of YMB- no lie!
>im gonna check them out via a quick listen today-mm

K first the booklet is wrong, remember this is MCA we're talking
about.  There is no way this version of YMB is from 1968.  The Who live
in 1968 and The Who live in 1970 are sonically different.  We had this
same discussion early this year about the source of Happy Jack from
TKAA.  Compare the Fillmore East '68 bootleg to Live at Leeds (any
version).  This I believe is due to the fact that by 1970 the band
could afford top of the line equipment, in '68 they had to beg, borrow,
and steal to get enough equipment to do the shows.  Second, like WFang
said you have a boot of a boot.  The original boot From Lifehouse TO
Leeds does not have the studio version of YMB, but has four songs from
Leeds 2/14/70 including YMB (I assume both versions have the Leeds
tracks?).  From Lifehouse TO Leeds is on the Scorpio label and has the
band sitting in front of Tara House on the cover.

Bruce
"All The Best Shows Have Young Man Blues"  Mark Lewkowicz