Re: TheWho Digest

Gary, re:

>Who's Last, TKAA, several boots, and in concert) and I must say that the
post-Moon Who version, while lacking some of the chaotic intensity of early
70's versions, retains every bit of the passion.

I have no problem with post-Moon Who stuff at all other than the fact that I
don't like Kenny Jones drumming on most of the songs. I do like Simon Philips
much better, although they didn't mix him very well on disc 2 of "Join
Together". (compare with "Deep End Live"). I do have a problem with "Who's
Last" and their last concert in Toronto. The former is a real bad mix and
most of it came from the latter, which they played for the most part as
though they were out of steam. I wish they recorded the show that I was at!

WF <~