Re: TheWho Digest Vol 2 Num 270

>Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 14:36:32 -0700
>From: redmann@ix.netcom.com (michael mishura)
>Subject: YOUNG MAN'S BLUES
>
>this has always bugged me, and i think we've addressed it, altho not to my
>satisfaction
>
>how many YMB are there? official releases, that is-here's what ive got:
>
>House That Track Built: studio take, 1969 (Track sampler)
>original live at leeds: my booklet says 12/26/68
>TKAA:                   london coliseum, 1969
>30 yrs box set (cd):    says 2/14/70, which would make it prev unreleased,
>                        altho not noted as such
>30 yrs video:           isle of wight (69 or 70?)
>LAL reissue:            again, 2/14/70 version
>
>am i missing anything?
>
>there's also a studio version on from lifehouse to leeds...

Michael,
There's also a version on Accept No Substitute recorded in San Francisco in
1969. I personnaly consider it to be the best version of YMB that I have
ever heard. Although I listened to LAL on a near daily basis for almost 4
years, I never quite liked its YMB. But Accept No Substitute has got it
down. Granted, it is not a well massaged recording, but I think thats just
one of the reasons that I love it so. Does anyone else have comments on this
one?
Chico