Re: 'Rarities' CD

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------
Heath, re:

>UK CD 'Rarities'

Actually, you want the 2nd pressing of the same. The UK version made at the
PDO plant had some problems, including editing down "Water" and "Baby Don't
You Do It" in length. The 2nd pressing (identical in labeling) is made at the
Polydor plant in Germany and is "full length".

I've seen copies recently at the Compact Disc World stores in NJ, Tower
Records in Ridgewood, NJ and Generation Records in NYC.

Good luck!

WF <~
------------------------  End Original Message  -----------------------
just a note of caution --
        I picked up this cd back in summer of '92, and the track "Doctor,
Doctor" would skip around the middle of the song...  I bought it at
Vintage Vinyl in Woodbridge, NJ.  (was, and STILL was, an excellent
outlet for any collector of just about any music)  when I was still living
in Richmond, Va.   I discovered the problem after I was back home, and
there was no outlet in Richmond that was selling the rarities cd;  that is,
not until Tower Records finally opened up, in late '93/early '94.  I
picked up a new copy there, and found no problem with the pressing.  The
bad pressing was probably an isolated incident (I probably COULD have
lived with the defective copy, but who wants to keep having to program
your cd player to skip track 7, or whatever!), but just thought to suggest
you be sure to chk out your disc for any flaws (I guess at $20+ for a
single disc, you would do that anyway !!)
        BTW, I think this is an excellent disc to have -- the version of
"Dr Jeckyll & Mr Hyde" is a bit extended  (and a bit different mix) than on
the Magic Bus cd, and since "Join Together" and "Relay" segue together on the
box set (not to mention the diff mix of JT), I have to highly recommend it.
(Also, cd opens with all 5 tracks from Ready Steady Who EP!).