Re: Re[4]: Birthdays

On Sun, 15 Oct 1995 WFang01@aol.com wrote:

> Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 08:39:10 -0400
> From: WFang01@aol.com
> To: thewho@cisco.com
> Subject: Re: Re[4]: Birthdays
>
> Dr Jimmy, re:
>
> >Here's an additional 2 cents....Get a grip.
> >
> I'm was only trying to stop you from further embarrassing yourself. You make
> an awful big assumption trying to assess someone's financial worth over the
> computer. Do you really think buying Who records AND a house are mutually
> exclusive? Sad commentary. I think you should keep your "2 cents". Sounds
> like you need 'em.
>
> WF <~ "...stop crying, I just don't feel, any sympathy for someone trying to
> make me real..."

You know. Alot of people were posting that you talk to much in this
forum, and I was telling them that you should talk all you want about
the Who, as long as it was kept to the Who. And you really do know a
HELL of a lot about the Who...I gotta tell ya...

But, if you are so upset that I had the absolute GALL to defy a
comment about John Lennon and the Beatles, a ONE LINE spur of the
moment line on during the week of Lennon and Entwistles birthday,
then you should really try to open your eyes and realize - there
are other groups other than the Who. People have- get this- wide
varieties of music that they like! It happens!!

And in a musical forum, when talking about - hey - music, there
is a chance that other quartets can actually come up in some
type of comparison or debate or whatever ( See: all the Paul Weller
talk that no one really complained about band width )

Now, you do have a point, this is the Who list. And yes, the WHo
get all majority of talk. But hey....it's rock and roll...and it
all happened around the same time....Other topics COME UP!