Re: my review for the 24K Who's Next

Steve, re:

>Comparing it to the German Polydor CD brings out a few
>interesting observations. While the Polydor version has
>noticeable tape hiss, the sound is much crisper than the
>gold MCA version. The instruments and vocals are clearer and
>more distinct as well. Unless you're a Who collector that
>has to have every CD ever released by the band, wait for the
>new expanded version.

Again, I have to disagree. The "Who's Next" tapes used for the box set were
also the Polydor's. These tapes are 2nd or 3rd generation and there's a
noticable sound difference in favor of the MCA. However, I do agree that this
CD is for "diehard" "Who's Next" fans only. That is, people who want a good
quality disc with the original mix. Once I get the "new" version, I'll
probably never play the gold disc again...

WF <~