Re: Allsorts...

Gordie, re:

>"There were several pieces I wrote for Quadrophenia that were left off the
completed album.  One or two of them were incorporated into the film
sountrack album."

In Chris Charlesworth's last book, "The Complete Guide To The Music Of The
Who", he makes aludes to the fact that "Get Out And Don't Come Back" was
"Obviously written to accompany film action." Could be that the 2 Townshend
vocal songs were written for the film, while "Joker James" was an "older"
song, perhaps unfinished (people have argued that they believe Kenny Jones to
be on drums). However, I remember someplace that "Joker James" was actually
written before "Quadrophenia".... hMMM...

WF <~