Re: Allsorts...

Jon, re:

> I always thought the three new songs were not quite
up to the level of the original -- big shoes to be sure,
however. It might be argued, thought, that Pete was writing some
of his best material at the same time and was in top form. Or
maybe he'd spent much of his creative energies on other endeavors
of the period, like Empty Glass.

1st Welcome to the "Who gang"...

2nd. I never thought these were newly written songs, but actual "leftovers"
unused from "Quadrophenia". Personally, I think John Entwistle got carried
away with most of the remixes, but I enjoy the different bass parts and the
vocals boosted. It's also nice to hear the "end"...

WF <~