Re: Re[2]: My Wife

Jim, re:

> Gary--do you know of plans for MCA to issue the Entwistle
          stuff?  I have to admit, it would be interesting to hear it,
          but I have a hard time envisioning a market niche for it.
          Certainly those of us on the Who Network do not constitute a
          sufficient market to warrant the reissuing of Entwistle's
          solo stuff.  Money talks.

The problem with the solo stuff not selling has to do with poor marketing
more than anything else. When the albums first sold, many had stickers that
said "Who Made The Original" and they were placed in the Who bin at the
record stores. People can't buy what they don't know about. By dumping
Entwistle CDs in the "E" bin at a record store will guarantee their failure.
Roger lost out with his last CD, because he didn't want the title to start
"Who's Roger Daltrey...", which would have placed it next to the Who bin (I
have the alternate CD covers which list the title this way). Most Who fans,
but non-diehards I'm sure don't check out the "D" section either...

I hope one of these days, they'll wake up...

WF <~