Re: TheWho Digest Vol 2 Num 265

Glancaster, re:

>The Japanese Polydor vinyl of Who's Next is incredible...

Funny, but I always thought most of the Japanese Polydor discs (including
this one) were kinda dull. "Tommy" is REALLY flat. On the other hand, the
Japanese CBS/Sony's are outstanding.

As for "A Quick One", you're right the Germany CD (before the remix) is the
best CD version (at least it's "pure something"--no hodgepodge). I've been
told if I can find the master tapes, they'll redo it "properly" AND in true
stereo. Currently, the German vinyl copy is the best (and the most true
stereo tracks) of all them.

I guess part of the problem that we are finding in comparing sound quality
from disc to disc (ie "Quadrophenia"--MCA/Polydor/Gold) is our own ears,
tastes and of course the equipment we listen to the stuff on...

WF <~