Hate to disagree but...

This is just one person's opinion, but I have to disagree with WF's
assessment that the European Polydor CD releases of the Who sound better than
the MFSL gold discs. The Polydor Tommy is crap. Lots of noise and clicks and
other nonsense. Although the MFSL isn't perfect it sounds better than the
Polydor. Ditto for for Quadrophenia; the MFSL has more life to it, although
I'm sure the MCA remaster will be better. On the other hand, I find the MFSL
Who Are You to be too boomy and muddy, at least on the first two tracks.