Re: MFSL article (some Who content) (long)

Steve, re:

>the alternate version of "Eyesight to the Blind" -- only available on the
MFSL CD -- featuring a different vocal track by Roger Daltrey.

Not true. In 1973, in the UK, when they changed printers for the "Tommy"
album cover, they also changed versions on the vinyl. For some reason, this
went unnoticed until about 1988, when they switched back. Currently, Jon
Astley is considering the use of this "alternate" version on the "new"
"Tommy" that is forthcoming.

As for the "history" of MFSL, while it is true that they had
"state-of-the-art" vinyl records, in my opinion, their CDs fell way behind. I
have all the Who MFSL and in each case, the Euro Polydor version sounds
better. I think this is a direct result of a) Mobile Fidelitiy's inability to
invest in the kind of equipment that "the big boys have" and b) a change in
philosophy that allows them to release product that is NOT "Master tape
quality"... I can't comment on their "new" process, but their old one leaves
a lot to be desired...

WF <~