Re: Goin' Mobile - live?

>     Or did the "envelope follower" preclude it from being performed live?

I don't think that was the reason.  Jerry Garcia was big on the envelope
follower, which is a pedal which creates a wah-wah effect.  The harder you
play the greater the effect.  For a few years Jerry had the thing going
constantly.
There were many songs which would have been great to hear live-- Dogs Part
II, Success Story, Trick Of The Light, Is It In My Head, Odorono...