'oo , 'iwatts, and beer

I had a friend over last night who was very into the Who back in the
Seventies, and I remember him having the Fillmore East boot ('68) back
in '76 or thereabouts.  Anyways, he hadn't heard the remaster/remixes, so
I started him off with Live at Leeds.  He was utterly and totally blown
away.  Period.  He co-owns a studio in PDX which specializes in doing demos
and small live recordings.  So he has a bit of an ear for the audio stuff.

His observation on A Quick One and Sell Out was "Yep, sure sounds like four
tracks!" Good one, Jim.  Had most unreleased ones on boot, but didn't have
Hall of the Mountain King or Land of Hope and Glory, both of which he loved.
He had only heard Jaguar on Scoop (Do I have the right song?).  Anyhow, I
broke out the Ricks and played along with most of the stuff.  Then
the Hiwatt was fired up and '68 SG played into, thereof... Took the powersoak
all the way off.  The sheetrock started to disengage from the walls!  It did
sound good, and he wanted to use the setup for some recordings.  It really is
genuine and pleasant to the ear.  He was surprised to know of the amount of
mods having been done to the Hiwatt (all reversible, of course!!!).

I told him I need a couple more, to make the correct triple stack.... I am
curious as to exactly what models he used as slave units, be they standard
DR103s, or are there specific slave units made for the purpose?

Later.

JEff