PT & Lifehouse

At 01:09 AM 10/5/95, Alan McKendree wrote:

>>>The music we play must be tomorrow's, the things we say have to be today's
>>>and the reason for bothering is yesterday  -  Pete Townshend, '70-'71
>>
>>Cool quote.  I hazard self-embarrassment by asking the source.
>
>I mean, you know, the magazine, newspaper, whatever, not who said it...

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant, Alan. :)

It's from Before I Get Old, the section dealing with Lifehouse and "Who's
Next."  Pretty clever of Pete, if he made it up on the spot!

This was a weird time for PT.  He was trying to come up with an adequate
follow-up to Tommy, and I think he would agree that the Lifehouse project
was a failure.  Although the story was interesting (and is becoming more
like reality every day) and yielded what I consider to be the greatest
album of all time.

Has anyone noticed how bad Pete looks starting in '72?  Compare footage
from '72-'75 with '69 and '70.  I think Lifehouse and Quadrophenia put a
lot of mileage on Pete.

Joe
(sig-less this time)

Joe Grimes  ***   jgg@iac.net   ***   Cincinnati, Ohio