Pete Smashing on Derelict tour

At the last show of the tour, Jones Beach he did smash his takamine. Now
there is more to it than that, but not much. During the show pete was
forced to have a running convesations with someone in the first row, ( at
this point I was still in the 12th row). Pete was berating him for being at
every show, did'nt he have a job to go to, and then he accused the heckler
of having a "millioaire" father.Most of this was in good fun but the guy
was annoying pete just a little. Later in the show the (as pete was
starting to play dylans girl from the north,) this guy starts insisting
that pete smash his guitar, pete finally stopped playing the song, told the
guy if he would just shut the fuck up for 3 or 4 minutes he would after the
song was done. The guy shut up, pete finished the song, then proceded to
smash the takamine, (japanese guitar, who cares?). He bashed it several
times on his mic stand till it was rather completely shattered. At the end
of the show, (now I am in the first row staring at pete with everyone
else,) the stage hands start to toss guitar fragments to the fans. Mostly
ladies were attracting the fragments, as you would imagine. Quite a little
frenzy there for about 10 minutes. Pete was helped off the stage by 3 crew
members that night.he was exhausted, had finished 5 or six heinekins (the
bottles were neatly standing off to the  side of his pedals) It was the
best performance I had seen on the tour of the dereclict segment I think
being outdoors on a beautiful night really helped, and the audience really
payed attention and they were not plagued by technical problems like the
bam show., I saw four shows and the jones beach show was rather energized,
though petes lead playing was not his best he made up for it in every other
way.(IMHO)

scott

Scott James
SoundWave, The Music Industry Web Site