Re: John Sinclaire

>Ok, I have a copy the Who Woodstock bootleg, and someone just made (I think)
>a reference to this today. What exactly happened after Pinball Wizard, when
>that crazy guy jumped up on stage and said those magic words "This is a pile
>of Sh*t, while John Sinclaire rots in prison!" And is  that Keith in the
>backround yelling something after it happened?

Matt:

Here's the story. In the middle of TOMMY, Yippie (Youth International Party)
Abbie Hoffman ran across stage and yelled into the mike, "I think this is a
pile of shit, while John Sinclair rots in prision!" Pete replied, "Fuck off!
Fuck off my fucking stage," conked him on the bean with his guitar (sending
him tumbling off the stage), got a cheer, and said, "I can dig it."
After the next song (Do You Think It's Alright), Pete said something to
someone about "...comes on stage will get fucking killed!"
For more on Sinclair, who was sentenced to ten years for having two joints,
get a copy of Lennon's SOMETIME IN NYC. If you dare...

      Cheers                      ML