Re: The Moon Man

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------

I read a little trivia thing in the paper in the wake of the Beatles Anthology
(which I give two thumbs
up for presenting a lot of archival footage nice and clean-like - both the CD
and the 6 hr special.)
Kinda lays waste to my lovingly collected bootleg stuff, audio and video, over
the last 20 yrs.. Oh, well,
I got a 20 yr. jump on 99.999% of the rest of the populace....

Anyway, it said McCartney wrote Helter Skelter about (sort of) the Who....

------------------------  End Original Message  -----------------------
Jeff,
        I enjoyed the "show" as well, and I think the new 2-cd set is
pretty cool, too, but... Ya gotta admit,  the recent interview footage of
paul and george....don't those two realize what idiots they sounded like
when the camera was rolling?.... I mean, paul's comments were pretty
absurd... one example was when .... oh, wait a minute..Glow Girl just
came on...I gotta listen to this  .... ..... .... .... ....
man, that's great..ok, back to biznus.... when paul is saying, "Oh I
just love the ukelele, and to this day, whenever I see someone playing
the ukelele, I just have to go talk to them and like them and...... " (!)
And George, pretty much mumbling about, oh, "this and that" and "those
kind of things" and making extr-EEEM-ly vague comments like that through
the whole 6 (well, 4 & 1/2 actually) hours....In fact, I thought Ringo
was the most informative and entertaining of the 3.  I _DID_ tape the
whole thing.... so much excellent footage, MOSTLY of John, IMHO.

        well, anyway, take care.
        gary m.