Re: Listen up folks!!!

On Tue, 21 Nov 1995 WFang01@aol.com wrote:

> 1) A John Entwistle Party and Concert. To take place in a small club in NYC
> (if this is successful, other cities will be planned). The idea is, to come
> for dinner and schmooze (walk, talk, hangout, take pictures) with John and
> the band, to be followed with a concert. Seats for this would be limited to
> about 200 people. Plans for live radio coverage are also being discussed.
> Price for admission is tentative at $150, which would include John's
> unreleased, limited edition CD, "The Rock", some of which was played live in
> '88, an autographed picture and some more "stuff". Probably 200 additional
> tickets for "just the concert" portion would be made available for about $50.

  Being that I'm in High School I'd never be able to make it from
Johnstown, PA to NYC for that. Being under 21, I may not even be able to
get in! :)  I think it's a wonderful idea though.  $150 is a very fair
price for admission.  Concert only ticks are also a good deal at $50.
If it was a great success and one came closer to my way, I'd be sure to
get to it.

> 2) The "Tour Program". For $100, would you like to have YOUR name and a brief
> message listed on the tour program? Included in the price, would be an
> autographed CD of "The Rock" and some other "exclusive" materials. For $50,
> maybe just have your name listed and the CD.

   Good idea here too.  I'd try to go for the whole $100 bit, as it
sounds very cool.

> interest level. All the proceeds for the above, will be invested in the John
> Entwistle Band.

   Is JAE directly involved in it?   Just wondering.

   As far as interest off the list goes, I'd really imagine that most
heavy Who fans would be greatly interested.  I can't see why not.  I have
a friend here at school who would kill to see PT, RD, or JAE live.  He'd
do even worse to hang out with one of them.  Me too.  I'd also imagine
that anyone with an interest in Who- style music would want to at least
go to the concert.

   Well, there's my $0.02!

   Keith