odds&soddsSun Dec 7 12:50:57 PST 1997

A couple of random Who-related bits from the weekend:
   At the Syracuse University-Boston College football game last
     Saturday, the BC marching band performed
     "music from the rock opera _Tommy_" as its halftime show.

   Monday night on Jeapardy, a answer (question?) in the Pop
     Music category was "Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend and John
     Entwistle rejoined in 1989 to tour as this group."

   I was browsing through a book about Raymond Carver, an
    American short stroy and poetry writer, and came across a
    poem about how he was going to throw a party on his boat
    and have stuff to make everyone happy--champagne, caviar, etc.
    and "we'd sit and listen to the Who."

  On a barely-related note, someone recently mentioned that there
    are a number of WWW Who sites. I have the modest start of one
    which includes links to all the Who sites I know of. You can check
    it out at the URL below. If you know of any Who links I don't have
    listed, let me know and I will add them.

__Jon

  _____jlproulx@mailbox.syr.edu_____http://web.syr.edu/~jlproulx_____
   Now I plow through files of bills, receipts, and credit cards and
   tickets and the daily news and sometimes I just wanna go back to
    my hometown, though I know it'll never be the same.-Joe Jackson