Re: Who/Beatles/Fourmost

}Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 08:15:59 -0500
}From: WFang01@aol.com
}Subject: Re: Who/Beatles/Fourmost
}
}Chris, re:
}
}>What bands covered it? <Pinball Wizard>
}>
}
}Here's a few...  Elton John, Rod Stewart, Bobby Shad And The Bad Men,
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hmmm...  Never heard of these guys, and with a name like that, I would
remember!

}Candelwick Green, London Symphony Orchestra (with vocals by Pete Townshend),
}Roger Ruskin Spear, New Directors, The Portsmith Symphonia, Lyn Todd, The New
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I actually have this disc, titled "Unusual".  Roger is an alumnus of the late,
great Bonzo Dog Band, and he plays most of the instruments on the album.  Of
those he doesn't, some are played by Andy Newman (of "Thunderclap Newman"), a
nice little Who tie-in.  A bunch of novelty songs, including the originals
written by Spear himself (as anyone who's heard any of the R.R.S. songs by the
Bonzos would expect).  If you've heard the "Unusual" album, you too would know
that the vocals on "Pinball Wizard" were definitely *not* by Pete Townshend...

}Seekers, The Shadows and I'm sure several more. I just grabbed the Ed Hanel
}discography for this one...
}
}WF <~
}