Re: Join Together --> Who's Next

Greetings Who-sters:

There seemed top be some confusion regarding my reference
to the jaw harp in Join Together:

Lev Polinsky said: What's a jaw harp.

Jim Jackson said: Isn't it called a "jew's harp".

Having been an acoustic guitarist for 30+ years (I consider Pete
one of my guitar role models (note: guitar - not lifestyle)), I'm
well acquainted with the jaw harp and harmonica.  Some do call it
a jew's harp, but the actual name is a jaw harp.  The jaw harp is
a rather horse shoe - shaped piece of metal with a spring-steel
piece running through the middle.  They vary in size (bigger ones
give a deeper tone) from about 2 1/2 to 3 /[11/2 inches long/wide.

The jaw harp is played by resting the open horse shoe ends on
the upper and lower teeth with the teeth slightly open.  By
plucking on the spring steel thing and moving one's toungue
around in the mouth, an amazing variety of twangy sounds can
be made.  It's mainly used in bluegrass/hillbilly jug band music.

It's not hard to learn how to play a jaw harp.  You'll hit your
teeth with the spring steel a few times at first (and it hurts).
But, you'll be playing Join Together in no time at all.  And,
the jaw harp is as portable as the harmonica.  Stop by any music
store that has guitars and accessories to check one out.  They
only cost a couple of bucks and (best of all) you can amaze your
friends.  Imagine playing Join Together with a hormonica-playing
friend.

Happy twanging!!

".. the secret to me, it ain't flown on a flag. I wear it behind
this bleedy littl' badge, what says .."  Quad.