Thirty dollars

Alternatively, you can send me a blank tape and four stamps and I'll
copy my "Tommy Demos".  It's much cheaper that way and the sound
quality really isn't such that a CD version is worth paying $30 for,
in my (admittedly biased starving-student) opinion.

$30 is also a bit outrageous considering writeable CDs cost $25
-- theoretically anyone who fortuitously has access to a CD maker
could beat the price (though not the distribution and not at much of a
profit.)  OK I'm not an expert on this, I just think it's funny I can
occasionally find cool vinyl boots for <$15 and the CDs from the same
source are $30.

Wes
(not an audiophile, just a Who fan)