Re: Who/Beatles/Fourmost

The following is from my very long post from a few weeks ago, and I'm forced
to trust the authors cited because I haven't had the pleasure of hearing ANY
version of "It Was You" or even seeing the actual 45s in question!

The first song Pete wrote, at age 16, was entitled "It Was You" and,
according to Richard Barnes's Maximum R&B (p. 8), this song was the only High
Numbers recording with Dougie Sandom on drums, with Barry Gray as engineer.
 Ed Hanel's discography acknowledged this demo's existence (pp. 7 & 148 in
the 1982 second edition) but didn't provide details.

Hanel listed a UK 45 cover of this song by The Naturals; Barnes said this 45
was also released in America.

Hanel made no mention of a cover by The Fourmost, but both Chris Charlesworth
(p. 27 of his Townshend bio) and Barnes noted this was a B-side for them.

Rich