Re: Magic Bus on CD...

At 10:15 PM 11/15/95 -0500, you wrote:
>Gary and all...
>
>I browsed through the CD bins to see what was what regarding the studio
>versions to see where the "longer" studio version may be... And it seems that
>it's on "The Who Singles". I believe it's also on "The Who Collection Volume
>2", but since I only have "Vol 1" on CD and don't know where my vinyl version
>is currently burried... ...but I'm sure it's on there... As for the short
>mono version, that can be had on the Polydor "TKAA" and the Polydor "Who's
>Better, Who's Best". As we know, MCA loves to use that poorly mixed stereo
>version on everything they possibly can. For those who don't have the
>original pressing of the vinyl album, "Magic Bus", if you truly want the BEST
>studio version, that's it...
>
>WF <~

Now, now, WFang, you didn't believe the back sleeve on "The Who Singles", did
you? I believe (at least on my copy) that even though it's listed as the long
version at 4:28 it plays the short version (3:17).

I do agree with you regarding the vinyl album "Magic Bus". Although that album
has been slammed over the years that is the best version, true stereo, too.

By the way, does the "Magic Bus" CD have that version?

Sometime I'll did out all the versions I have and make a list. I'd like to
catalog the entire Who collection someday.
---
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803
giorgianni@globalone.net