Re: The long and short Magic Bus

-----------------------  Begin Original Message  ----------------------
On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, JEFF SCHOTLAND wrote:

> Hey guys and girls,   :D
>
> I have a question. I know that there are definetly 2 diff versions of Magic
> Bus that exist. Where can I find that longer one that I hear on the radio
> at times?
> It's a great version, which I've been looking for, for a long time.
>
> Can anyone tell me which album or single this version is from?
>
> Thanks
> JEFF

I can find:
Magic Bus 4:28 on Meaty, Beaty, Big, and Bouncy
Magic Bus 3:22 on the TKAA soundtrack
Magic Bus 7:22 on Live at Leeds
Magic Bus 4:28 on the Who: the Singles (same as MBBB)
Magic Bus 6:53 on Who's Last
Magic Bus 3:16 in the Box Set
It's also on Greatest Hits, which I gave away; I think it was the longer
version; some version will probably be on Who's Better, Who's Best as
well.  Surprisingly, it's not on any of my bootlegs.

According to Chris Charlesworth, the one on MBBB is the 'unedited and
slightly longer version', while the one on TKAA is the 'standard studio
version'--the one which was released on the single.  Surprisingly,
Polydor picked the longer one for the Singles album.

---And we all know how painful THAT can be--L-e-v-

Note:
        The LONG version of Magic Bus IS on the MBBB vinyl LP;  however,
it appears to be the Single version on the cd.
I personally have been going NUTS looking for the long version on
CD format, so I am encouraged that it may exist on the "Singles" cd.
Can WF verify if the MBBB version is available on CD?

        gary m.