Re: TV Channels

On Wed, 15 Nov 1995, Mike Mooney wrote:

> English 'Jane Austen adaptations without commercials Kick Ass!(TM)' Mike ;~)

yeah, we have that, it's called _Persuasion_ (but it's at the theaters).
and we do have Bravo that, like pbs, is sort of an english tv rerun
channel.  i'm currently catching up on episodes of the _south bank show_
and catching the odd episode of _i, claudius_ (anyone else think john
hurt as caligula looks like a cross between harpo and martin short?).
anyway, while 95% of our stations are crap (and the commodified illusion
of choice), if you take a few minutes to get past the moron-grabbers like
_home improvement_, there's some decent stuff.  of course a lot of it's
from the uk and australia (and wgbh in boston, an anglo-outpost anyway).

sorry for the extenstive non-who content (sort of like the pbs rock and
roll series?), but i feel compelled to defend the small portion of
non-crap that we do put out.

arthur