Update on multi-standard VCRs...

I spoke to my friend last night, who has several of these things... It seems
that there are several models in the $500 price range, HOWEVER, they can only
be viewed by watching the output on a multi-standard TV set. For
$1,500-$1,800, Panasonic makes a VCR which will play all the different VCR
standards (I believe there are 6) and convert the output to USA standard for
viewing on a USA TV set or dub to a USA VCR... You can go the other route
too, by buying a cheaper multi VCR and a multi TV. However, the output from
that TV, will not necessarily dub to a USA VCR standard...

In either case, be prepared to spend a lot...

WF <~