Sell Out remaster

Can someone tell me what the *old* (UK Polydor) 'Sell Out' CD sounds like?

i.e. is it similar to either the mono or stereo vinyl version? The reason I
ask is this: after buying the remastered 'Who's Next' last week, I was so
impressed that I rushed out and got the new 'Sell Out'...and I was
*seriously* disappointed. I mean the extra tracks are welcome, but it sounds
*puny*. I listened to my favourite bit - 'I Can't Reach You' -> Pussycat ->
Speakeasy -> Rotosound strings -> BANG! 'I Can See for Miles'... and was
*appalled* by the thin sound - sure, it's *clean*, and you can hear the
acoustic guitar for the first time, but where has the bass gone? It totally
lacks 'bite' and aggression.

Just to check that my ears (and memory) weren't deceiving me, I went to get
my mono and stereo vinyl versions for comparison. Oh woe and lackaday! The
stereo ('Backtrack') one was no longer there! I began to have a vague memory
of lending it to someone ages ago, but can't remember Who(m)...(just to add
insult to injury my 'Genius of Pete Townshend'/'IPC Demos' was missing, too
- damn and double damn...)

The mono 'Sell Out' was there though, so I played that - sure enough, it's
muddier than the new CD, but boy! does it have some punch - thundering bass,
cutting lead, sledgehammer drums. I played the CD again - thin, thin, thin.

The upshot of all this is that I'm seriously considering looking for an
'old' Sell Out CD, if it will have the 'old' sound. Anyone care to comment?

English Mike